Herbal Cosmetics in India – Cosmetics, according to Wikipedia are defined as those products which are used to improve or change how the face looks or improve or change the scent and texture of the body. It also includes the products that are used for make-up.
According to the Drug and cosmetics act of 1940, cosmetic is defined as,
“…any article intended to be rubbed, poured, sprinkled or sprayed on, or introduced into, or otherwise applied to, the human body or any part thereof for cleansing, beautifying, promoting attractiveness, or altering the appearance, and includes any article intended for use as a component of cosmetic”
A cosmetic may be derived from artificial chemicals or from herbal sources. When they are sourced from herbal sources, they are known as herbal cosmetics.
Selfie taking hasn’t today confined to amateurs but has become a professional art. The word selfie is new, which was born in the age of the Smartphone. People have started spending on their looks more than ever. But being beauty conscious isn’t something that’s new. As far back as 3000 BC, people of Indus valley loved to apply red tinted lipstick on their lips. Sumerians were possibly the ones to use lipsticks for the first time in 5000 BC. These cosmetics were mostly derived from herbs and sometimes from minerals.
Today, we have cosmetics that are chemical based. They work so well in enhancing the external beauty. But, due to certain side effects that they can carry, herbal cosmetics have gained prominence in recent times.
Present Status of Herbal Cosmetics in India:
According to, “Indian Herbal Cosmetic Market Outlook 2022”, the herbal cosmetic industry will grow at a CAGR of 19 % in 2017-2022. Herbal cosmetics in India market size is increasing due to increasing awareness of consumers and changing customer preferences. Many Big cosmetics brands have come out with their own line of herbal cosmetics. For example, L’oreal has come out with Garnier Ultra Blends. There are other brands that have forayed into only herbal cosmetics and are making a big mark. These are Lotus herbals, Kama Ayurveda, forest essentials and Biotique etc. Shahnaz Husain has been credited with popularizing herbal cosmetics in India and across the Globe.
Hence, the market size of Herbal cosmetics is ever increasing and there is an ample opportunity for herbal cosmetics manufacturers and herbal cosmetics distributors to reap profits in the coming times.
Ancient Herbal Cosmetics: Herbal Cosmetics Examples
There are certain ancient herbal formulations that have been used through the centuries to enhance beauty. Here are a few examples:
- Kumkumadi tailam
- Kimsukadi tailam
- Kolphalmajja lepa
- Shalmalikantaka lepa
Then there is a collection of 10 herbs which is described by Acharya Charak as Varnya (Those that enhance the complexion and work on skin disorders). These are:
- Chandana (Santalum album L.)
- Tunga (Calophyllum inophyllum L.)
- Padmaka (Prunus cerasoides D. Don)
- Usheera (Vetiveria zizanioides L.)
- Madhuka (Glycyrrhiza glabra L.)
- Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia L.)
- Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus [L.] R. Br.)
- Payasya (Pueraria tuberosa [Willd.] DC)
- Sita Lata (Cynodon dactylon [L.] Pers.)
Herbal Cosmetics: Which types of Herbal Cosmetics Formulations are Available Today?
There are many types of herbal cosmetics in India that are being manufactured. There are creams, ointments, lotions, shampoos, oils, serum, face washes, hand washes, facial packs, cleansing milk, conditioners etc.
- Neem face wash
- mud face pack
- Papaya fruit facial kit
- Night cream
- Whitening cream etc
Herbal Cosmetics Manufacturers in India: The top ten
According to style craze, following is the list of top 10 herbal cosmetics manufacturers in India
- Himalaya Herbals
- Lotus herbals
- Khadi natural
- Vaadi natural
- Just herbs
- Forest Essentials
- Ayur Herbals
Best Herbal Cosmetics Manufacturers in Chandigarh
Chandigarh is a place which is situated at the junction of three states i.e. Himachal Pradesh which is the abode of the mighty Himalayas and a source of best quality herbs; Punjab and Haryana which have a conducible environment for the manufacturing industries. At this wonderful location is located Alnavedic.
Alnavedic is one of the best herbal cosmetics manufacturers in the region. It has its own manufacturing unit which is GMP certified and has the state of the art facilities. It has a team of highly enthusiastic team of professionals guided by the experienced stalwarts of the herbal manufacturing industry.
Alnavedic Manufactures a wide Variety of Herbal Cosmetics such as
- Hair care: Shampoos(Golong shampoo, Kalonji Herbal shampoo etc), Conditioners, Oil(Alna hair oil), hair serum etc
- Skin care: Moisturizers ( Tecotop moisturizer, Alna depigmentation moisturizer), Creams(Whitening cream, depigmentation cream, night cream), Oil(Kumkumadi oil), Face washes(Neem face wash, aloe vera face wash etc), Scrubs(Walnut scrub), Facial kits( Gold, diamond etc) etc.
- Personal care( Hand wash, sanitizer, soaps, vaginal wash etc)
Why Alnavedic Herbal Cosmetic Products?
Alnavedic herbal cosmetic products stand among the best herbal cosmetic products in India. Here is why:
- Alnavedic has its own GMP certified unit at Panchkula which is also WHO-GMP compliant and HALAL compliant.
- Alnavedic is situated at the strategic location of Chandigarh which makes sourcing of pure herbs from the Himalayas an easy task.
- Alnavedic has a well-equipped Quality control centre which ensures the quality of herbal cosmetics is the best in the industry.
- Though ALnavedic products are best in quality yet they are well within the affordable range of consumers.
- The product satisfaction among the users is maximum and the product demand is ever increasing.
Conclusion: The Future is Bright and Promising!
Alnavedic cosmetics division is currently growing at an exponential rate. People are shifting from previously only-looks-matter approach towards the health-matters-first approach. They have come to know that, to look beautiful they need to be healthy. Herbs help improve looks by improving the health of the skin.
For example, Golong shampoo contains aloe vera extract and amla extract which makes it full of nutrients and vitamins which are necessary for the growth of hair. Thus the hair becomes healthy, strong and shiny.
With this vision of providing health through cosmetics, Alnavedic herbal products stand out from the rest. For more information on herbal cosmetic products call us at +91-9041041323. You can also mail us at email@example.com